Hi, I'm Lincoln. I know Minnie has talked about (or rather complained) a lot about me on this blog. I'm really not that bad. Minnie is my little sister, talk about annoying sometimes. Anyway, I told Minnie I had something to say...I wanted to talk about what family is. See, I was found wandering alongside the road. Then I was picked up by the Human Society where they kept me for two weeks in case anyone claimed me. No one ever came for me. I had lost chunks of my hair, my ribs were sticking out and it was obvious I had been chained. I don't like to talk about my time before Minnie ("B.M.") but it's safe to say my life is lots better. Yes, I'm still anxious but I'm working on that and thanks to Minnie and her family I will never have to wander the streets alone again.
So I was thinking about what family means to me. I'm sure everyone has different definitions but this is what family means to me.
- Someone letting you their face even when your breath stinks
- Someone giving you permission in the pet store to pick any toy you want off the shelf when you never had a toy of your own before
- Someone moving over so you can sleep next to them every night in a king size bed with a snoring sister
- Someones taking the time to homemake your food every week because regular dog food upsets your tummy
- Someone to cuddle with
- Someones that gives you belly rubs first thing in the morning
- Someone who doesn't yell at you after you get sick all over their house
- Someone who brags about what an awesome dog you are
- Someone who buys you the curly bully sticks just because they know how much you love them
- Someone who always makes room on their lap for you to sit
- Someone who dresses you up but gives you lots of treats for it
- Someone who gets up in the middle of the night when you feel anxious and can't sleep
- Someone who says "I love you" and gives you kisses even when their breath stinks
- And lastly, someone who stands outside in the rain while you find the "perfect spot"
I'm sure you all will understand,